SwitchWatch is an application that will allow you to find unused ethernet ports and report the port usage on Cisco switches, allowing you to tidy up all those cables cluttering your patch panels that haven’t been used for months, as well as give you other trouble shooting information.
Its all quite simple really. You give the application details (ip, user name and password) of your switches, and then what details you want to report on (idle time, errors etc.) . It will then go and query your switch(s) and give you the information back in a set of easy to read reports.
- Should work with all modern Cisco switches (see ios tested list below). If you find any versions it wont work on, or would like support for other switches contact us with the information.
- Easy to read reports, giving you information on reliability, errors, and collisions as well as idle time
- Option to export the report as a CSV file
- POE information if available
- Conversation browser so you can see precisely what happened between SwitchWatch and your switch
- Separate sites can be created, so that switches can be grouped together. Reports for different sites are created in separate folders
- Configuration is saved to SQLite database, so you only have to add everything once
When you download SwitchWatch, it will only allow you to report on one switch. To lift this restriction you need to buy a license, witch can be done here. Once you have a license you can report on as many switches as you want.
- SwitchWatch will run on Windows XP, Vista, 2000,2003 and 2008 server (32bit)
- SwitchWatch requires the Microsoft dotnet 2.0 Framework. The setup will try and download and install it if you haven’t got it, or you can download it here
Switchwatch has been tested and is know to work without any problems on the following IOS’s. If you have successfully used it with other versions not listed her, please let us know and we will add them to the list.
- 3548 running ios 12.0
- 3548 running ios 12.1
- 3560 running ios 12.2
- 3524 running ios 12.0